Wednesday 10 May 2017

Day 83: Israel and Shakshuka


Good evening, Raffies!

Today we had a wonderdful day. The sun was shining and the weather was warm enough for me to put on a t-shirt! - Yes, I am one of those people who is always cold..

After enjoying my half hour in the sun, dangling in my hammock and chilling after work, I got ready for Israel. We are going to do Shakshuka, because,, yes, I was one of those who did not know what it was.

This dish is a common meal all over Israel. You can enjoy it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The required ingredients are very common and you probably already have them at home. The preparation is quick and the result is amazing. You can serve it with freshly baked bread and salad.

The recipe I followed, awesomely explained the dish step-by-step.

I used:

1 small onion, diced
olive oil
1 clove of garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
2 cans diced tomatoes (I had finished the fresh ones)
2 tbsp tomato paste
1 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp paprika
pepper
salt
5 eggs
fresh parsley

Start by frying the onion in a pan (ideally, use a cast iron skillet), add the garlic. Then add the pepper and stir fry for a couple of minutes. Add the tomatoes and all the spices and cook well. After approximately 5 minutes, add the cracked eggs and leave it simmering for another 10 minutes. Garnish with parsley and enjoy!

I really enjoyed it and would definitely have it for a late breakfast or brunch!


Love,

Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment