Thursday 9 March 2017

Day 19: Benin and Akkra Funfun


Buonasera, Raffies!

Good evening from Italy!
Today we were travelling to Italy to visit my mom for the weekend.
My world food challenge is obviously coming with me.

Today we are in Benin! Since we were travelling, we had calculated that we wouldn't be that hungry and we would probably be quite tired. Therefore we decided to go for a snack. Akkra funfun appears to be a quite common snack in Benin, where it is served very hot. Well, as soon as we got to my mom's, I got to work and made this delicious snack. Akkra Funfun is a fried ball made out of white beans and onions. It was very filling and delicious!

Here is the recipe, if you want to try it out!

Stay tuned for tomorrow's dish from one of the happiest countries in the world..

Love,

 Raffi

No comments:

Post a Comment